Medium (is the Message)
Medium (Is the Message)
Monroe Art Center
720 Monroe Street, E208
Hoboken NJ, 07030
Friday, November 7 – Sunday, December 7, 2014
Artist Reception: Saturday, November 8, 6-8pm
Artist Talk: Sunday, November 16, 3:30pm
Curators: Liz Cohen/Tom Egan/Alison Yackanich
Questions or concerns:
Artists use different media for a variety of reasons – to express a visual image, to evoke memories, to reduce and recycle, to create a texture or feeling, or to show mastery of a material. Whatever you choose, your media matters, because it is conveys your concept. This exhibition will showcase the varied “stuffs” that we use and the extraordinary array of what they inspire us to create.
All mediums will be considered.
Entry Fee – Entry fees are non-refundable:
Free for hob’art members $25-non-members (for 2 entries)
To become a member of hob’art: http://hob-art.org/become-a-member/
Checklist/Calendar ~ Please read carefully:
1. October 1st - Deadline for submissions.
Email entry to: firstname.lastname@example.org
1. jpegs (300 dpi and 4″ on the longest side)
***JPEG images MUST BE labeled: LAST Name_FIRST Name_1
The number corresponds with that work’s placement on the Entry Form (1, 2, etc.)
2. Entry form.
3. 1-2 works - no smaller than 11”L x 8”W & no larger than 30”L x 22”W Framed
2 pieces max (1 sm/1 lg)
- Checks made out to hob’art and mailed to hob’art Gallery-see address above.
- October 15 – Notification of Acceptance
4. November 4 ~ 6-8pm Drop Off ~ Hand Delivered ONLY-at hob-art Gallery
5. December 7, 5-6pm - Pick up Works may not be removed from gallery till 5pm
***ARTIST is responsible for Drop off & Pick up.
Files, which are mislabeled, will not be viewed by the curators!
Curators have the right to refuse work that is misrepresented at the time of drop off!
All works must be appropriately framed, or unframed!
Proper Hardware is required! No Saw Tooth Hardware!
Installations: Multiple images required-Work to be installed by the artist.
Failure to follow instructions may result in the nullification of your entry. Your payment will serve as your acceptance of the terms and conditions stated in this prospectus.
Delivery/Pickup of work:
- Delivery: Hand-delivered work ONLY. Packaging must be removed from the gallery at the time of delivery. Pedestal (3 available) / wall mounting shelf must be supplied by the artist. One label on back of artwork and one label handed in at drop off.
***Signed Waiver at time of delivery. Waivers and labels are available on our website:
2. Pick Up: Artist is responsible for pick up. hob’art gallery, its volunteers, members & officers accept no responsibility for work(s) not retrieved on pick-up date. A fee of $5.00 /day will be charged to the artist thereafter for storage. After 30 days the gallery may dispose of the work.
3. Sales: Inquiries are directed to the artist. hob’art does not take a % of sales.
Liability: Great care will be taken with all works, but artists are responsible for insurance. hob-art Gallery, its volunteers, members & officers are not responsible for any loss or damage to work while on the premises or in transit to or from the gallery. The submission of a work of art to this exhibition and a signed waiver shall be understood to constitute an agreement on the part of the artist to the conditions set forth in this prospectus.
Medium: Size(framed): Price:
Medium: Size(framed): Price: